“Taking Care With Your Business”
Scott Consulting was set up to assist companies looking to make an entry into new markets in the Middle East and Asia and to assist companies seeking strategic and commercial financial guidance or in need of experienced interim executive support.
Robert Scott is the Principal of Scott Consulting. He is a senior financial and management executive with extensive international experience at CFO/Finance Director level in UK, US and Canadian listed companies. His career developed into strategic and business development roles without losing sight of the key financial disciplines that enable an organisation to succeed. Further information on his career can be found here and his full resume here.
A colleague wrote of Robert Scott “I have found the change in approach you brought to finance, refreshing, forward thinking and human – everything the organisation needed….you are a truly human executive with great qualities that human organizations will value.”
Two years as CFO of GEMS Education; a company that owns and manages a growing network of international schools in the UAE and across the MENASA region:
Sixteen years experience in a major international news, information and technology company:
Three years as CFO and Company Secretary of a Toronto Stock Exchange listed junior mining company.
Robert Scott has lived in the United Arab Emirates since 2007; after working in Asia for the previous 12 years. He has six years experience in Canada before that.
He has a proven record of meeting and exceeding targets together with a strong financial and general management background.
Robert Scott is supported by a network of professional contacts across Asia and the Middle East.
How can Scott Consulting help you?
Either by providing consulting services or by becoming part of your team through interim executive services.
Strategic and Commercial Financial Support
With over thirty years of international work experience in industries as diverse as education, mining and media Scott Consulting can help any company with:
Financial control, management, systems and procedures.
Mergers and Acquisitions including acquisition identification, valuation and negotiation, due diligence and post-acquisition management.
New business planning and review.
Budgeting and Planning.
Regulatory and Statutory Compliance.
Management of support functions, including legal, investor relations, administrative, procurement and human resources.
Start up and subsidiary management and control.
Scott Consulting has access to a network of professional advisors that can assist the ambitions of any business.
Scott Consulting can be retained on a daily, weekly or monthly basis and will work with clients to agree project needs, timetable and to ensure client expectations are exceeded.
Interim Executive Help
Why you might need interim executive help:
Temping is no longer the domain of administrative staff. Companies are leaner and meaner. Your executive workforce no longer needs to be a fixed cost. You have a new flexibility in managing your business.
Contract executives may be the most effective way for your business to complete projects, manage investments and to fill management gaps.
You may need experienced management as mentors to develop your own managers.
You have a senior executive absence.
You have seasonal or cyclical business.
You need to manage a due diligence, investment appraisal, strategic review.
You need an experienced executive to build a business plan; to implement a reorganisation; to manage a new subsidiary business.
To manage a start up business in the Middle East or Asia and recruit and develop the management team.
As a contract executive you will expect Scott Consulting to control and direct resources and to implement ideas. This is not management consultancy. Scott Consulting is responsible to the company and to it’s owners and/or shareholders as a part of the management team. The role can be part or full time and can last from weeks to months or longer depending on client needs and staff availability.
Summary of work experience
Robert Scott is a a qualified chartered accountant (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales).
He has been based in England, Canada, Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, Bangkok and Dubai.
Resume highlights include:
- A results focused, resourceful, decision making executive with extensive international experience.
- 18months based in Dubai as Chief Financial Officer, GEMS Education, MENASA, based in Dubai, UAE.
- Three years as CFO and Company Secretary for a Toronto Stock Exchange and USA listed mining and exploration Company with its operations in Thailand. A successful sale of the company was completed in July 2006.
- Asia Finance Director (CFO) for 5 years for UK headquartered global media and information Company. The business generated £500 million per annum in revenue from twenty Asian countries.
- Have developed my career beyond the role of a successful finance director to include operational and strategic responsibilities.
- Have successfully completed a number of acquisitions, investments and divestments in Greater China, Asia Pacific, North America and England. Thorough knowledge of due diligence requirements.
- Restructured businesses, from both a financial and operational perspective.
- Responsible for post acquisition integration and management.
- Extensive people management and development experience across different cultures.
Contact Scott Consulting
Tel (Dubai): 971 50 6946182
References available on request.